We, Art Japan Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) operates the “Art Japan Shop” (the “Website”) and provides services (the
we collect from customers in the course of providing the Services.
- Article 1 (Personal Information to be Collected and Method of Collection)
- For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” and “Personal Data” have the same meanings in the Act on the
Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003) in Japan (the “Act”). We may collect following Personal
Information and other information in the course of providing Services.
The information we may collect from customers at the time of registration application.
- Date of birth
- Email address
- We also automatically collect the following information regarding customers and their devices, in the course of
customers’ access to the Website or use of the Services.
- access history of Services
- device type
- terminal identifier
- browser type
- IP address
- other advertising Identifiers
- Article 2 (Purpose of Use)
- Specific purposes of collection and use of Personal Information are as follows (the “Purpose of Use”):
- provision and operating Services, including but not limited to acceptance of registration for the Services,
identification, shipping products, settlement of payment for products
- response to inquiries from customers (including identification)
- communication with customers as necessary, about maintenance, crucial announcements or otherwise regarding the Website
and the Services
- measurement of customers’ traffic and actions on the Website
- distribution, display and measuring effect of advertisements
purposes and suspension of the use by such customers
- enabling customers to view, modify, or delete their registered information and to view use history of the Services
- any other purposes incidental to the above purposes
- Article 3 (Change in Purpose of Use）
- We may change the Purpose of Use if a connection with the purpose of use prior to the change can be reasonably
- When we change the Purpose of Use, we shall notify customers of the changed purpose of use in the prescribed manner or
announce it on Website.
- Article 4 (Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties)
- We shall not provide Personal Data to any third party without the prior consent of customers, except in the following
cases and other cases as permitted by the Act, other laws and regulations.
- Cases in which the provision of Personal Data is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an
individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of Personal Data is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound
growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of Personal Data is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an
individual or a business operator entrusted by one in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and in
which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- Cases in which the Company agrees to discontinue the provision of such Personal Data to third parties at the request of
the person, and in advance, the Company notifies the person of the matters listed in the following items, or places
those matters in a readily accessible condition for the person, and at the same time duly notifies the Personal
Information Protection Committee about the matters
- ① The fact that provision of the information to a third party is within the scope of the Purpose of Use
- ② The items of the information to be provided to a third party
- ③ The means or method of the provision to a third party
- ④ The fact that provision of such information will be discontinued at the request of the person
- ⑤ The means or method of accepting the request above
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of the Personal Data shall not be deemed
a third party;
- Cases in which the Company entrusts the handling of Personal Data in whole or in part to an individual or business
operator within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- Cases in which Personal Data will be provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise
- Article 5 (Disclosure of Personal Data)
- When we are requested by a customer to disclose retained Personal Data pursuant to the Act, we shall disclose it without
delay after confirming that the request is made by the customer itself. However, in the following cases, we may keep all
or part of the retained Personal Data undisclosed. If we decide to keep such Personal Data to be undisclosed, we will
notify the customer to that effect without delay. Please note that you must pay a commission (1,000 yen per disclosure)
(excluding tax) for a disclosure of Personal Data.
- Cases in which disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a
- Cases in which disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper implementation of the Company’s business
- Cases in which disclosure violates other laws and regulations
- In principle, we shall not disclose any information other than Personal Data such as history data and characteristics
information of customers.
- Article 6 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Data)
- If the content of the retained Personal Data is incorrect, the customer may request us to correct, add or delete the
content of the Personal Data (“Correction, etc.”) in the prescribed manner.
- After confirming that the request is made by the customer itself and that the request has reasonable grounds under the
Act, we shall make Correction, etc. without delay.
- We shall notify the customer without delay when we make Correction, etc. pursuant to the preceding paragraph, or when we
decide not to make Correction, etc.
- Article 7 (Discontinuation of the Use of Personal Data, etc.)
- Where we are requested by a customer to discontinue using or to erase such retained Personal Data on the ground that the
retained Personal Data is used beyond the scope of the Purpose of Use, or that it has been obtained by improper means,
we shall conduct a necessary investigation without delay.
- If, as a result of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, the request is found to have reasonable
grounds under the Act, we shall discontinue the use of the Personal Data without delay.
- We shall notify the customer without delay when we decide to suspend the use of the Personal Data pursuant to the
preceding paragraph, or when we decide not to discontinue its use.
- Notwithstanding the Paragraph 2 of this article, if it costs a large amount to suspend the use of the Personal Data, or
otherwise difficult to discontinue using it or to erase the Personal Data, and if it is possible to take any necessary
alternative measure to protect the rights and interests of the customer, then we shall take such an alternative measure.
- Article 8 (Changes to this Policy)
- We may amend this Policy from time to time as necessary. Except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations and this
Policy, in the event of the amendment of this Policy, we shall inform the effective date and content of the amended
on Website after the effective date stipulated in the preceding paragraph.
- Article 9 (Contact information)
- For inquiries regarding this Policy and requests based on Articles 5 to 7, please contact the following counter.
Address: 3953 Oaza Hosoe, Miyazaki City, Miyazaki, 880-2116 Japan
Company Name: Art Japan Co., Ltd.
Department in Charge: Management Service Department
This Policy shall be executed in the Japanese language. Japanese shall be the governing language and any translation of
this Policy into any other language is for convenience of reference only and shall not bind the parties hereto.